Thursday, June 30, 2011

Joke

An Israeli, with a sense of humor, was at United Nations recently and
set the historical record to the Land of Israel straight. An ingenious
example of speech, humor and politics occurred in the United Nations
General Assembly and made the world community smile.

The representative from Israel began: "Before starting my talk I want
to tell you something about Moses: When he struck the rock and it
brought forth water, he thought, 'What a good opportunity to have a
bath!'

"So Moses removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered
the water. But when he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had
vanished. A Palestinian had stolen them!"

At this point, the Palestinian representative at the UN jumped up
furiously and shouted, "What are you talking about? The Palestinians
weren't there then!"

The Israeli representative looked at him, smiled and said, "Thank you.
And now that we have made that fact clear (that there were no
"Palestinians" in the Land back then), I will begin my speech..."

1 comment:

  1. This joke cracked my ribs. I have also shared it on face-book.

    ReplyDelete